Using SimbaEngine SDK is the easiest and quickest way to enable ODBC, JDBC, ADO.NET or OLE DB data access to your SQL-capable, proprietary or non-relational data store. Adding standards-based data access to your data store enables maximum interoperability with popular reporting tools and presents you with opportunities to penetrate new markets, add value for customers and gain new business.
By using SimbaEngine SDK to deploy a standards-based data driver, organizations with SQL data, legacy data, proprietary data, or a proprietary data store API can access their data with the latest and most popular reporting, Business Intelligence (BI) and data analytics tools. SimbaEngine SDK helps you leverage the power of existing data stores and BI tools by providing standards-based data connectivity to enable easy and actionable analysis and business intelligence.
Unlike other ODBC SDKs or data connectivity toolkits on the market, SimbaEngine SDK provides a complete, open framework from which you can quickly implement a custom data driver for your SQL, legacy, non-relational or proprietary data store.
SimbaEngine SDK is easy to use. The SDK contains a series of pre-built components for fast, easy and customized data driver deployment. Out of the box, you can rapidly explore access to your data store, and you can prototype a data driver in as little as three days. Extending the functionality of your data driver, implementing customized ODBC, JDBC, ADO.NET and/or OLE DB functionality and adding client-server connectivity is similarly fast and easy.
SimbaEngine SDK provides everything you need to quickly implement a commercial-grade, scalable and easily maintainable data driver. With SimbaEngine SDK, all you need to do is implement a few basic functions to bring to your end-users the whole world of open connectivity reporting and BI tools.
SimbaEngine SDK is industry’s choice for standards-based data connectivity. Simba’s proven ODBC technology has been used by leading companies like Alterian, Microsoft and Unify for custom data driver development and deployment. Simba also uses its SDK technology to build its own, off the shelf data drivers. SimbaEngine SDK is the ODBC toolkit of choice for companies that require performance, extensibility and the utmost compatibility.
Download a free, 30-day trial.
- SimbaEngine SDK is a complete data access solution, enabling you to add industry standard data access via ODBC, JDBC, ADO.NET and OLE DB. SimbaEngine SDK includes all these standards-based data interfaces at no extra cost, allowing you to easily deliver one or all industry standard APIs to meet your needs.
- SimbaEngine SDK contains Simba's powerful SQL engine, enabling you to quickly add full SQL processing capability to your non-SQL data store. If your data store is already SQL-enabled, you can build a data access solution without the SQL engine. You use only the components you need from the SDK to quickly and easily implement ODBC, JDBC, ADO.NET and OLE DB data connectivity to your SQL data, legacy data, proprietary data, or proprietary data store API.
- SimbaEngine SDK enables you to implement a custom ODBC Driver, JDBC Driver, ADO.NET Provider, or OLE DB Provider for any non-relational data store, including Flat Files, Hierarchical, Serialized Objects, ISAM, XML, Pointer-based, or other proprietary data stores. With the same toolkit, you can implement a custom ODBC Driver, JDBC Driver, OLE DB Provider or ADO.NET Data Provider for any SQL-enabled data store.
- SimbaEngine SDK natively supports ODBC 3.52 and JDBC 3.0 standard database APIs.
- SimbaEngine SDK fully supports all Unicode and ANSI text encoding for data, metadata and function arguments.
- SimbaEngine SDK supports IPv6.
- SimbaEngine SDK fully supports 32- and 64-bit platforms, including Windows, Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX and Mac OS. You can even mix-and-match 32-bit and 64-bit client and server components for the utmost deployment flexibility.
- SimbaEngine SDK includes comprehensive, easy to follow documentation to help you customize and implement your data driver. You can choose from an array of sample data drivers to use as a starting base. Simba’s easy, step-by-step approach ensures fast data driver development and quick time to market.
- With SimbaEngine SDK, you also receive expert technical support during evaluation and driver development! Licensing SimbaEngine SDK provides direct access to Simba’s acclaimed product engineers during your prototype driver development. Simba’s renowned product engineers are helpful, knowledgeable and provide expert advice. Support is provided via email, phone or fax. If you require development assistance and expertise, additional arrangements can be made to have Simba’s software engineers available to help speed your time to market and ensure your project is a success.
- SimbaEngine SDK offers low total cost of ownership, is fully scalable and ensures easy maintenance of your custom data driver solution.
- SimbaEngine SDK is also fully customizable, permitting you to easily brand any data driver developed and deployed with the SDK.
For technical details about the SDK, review SimbaEngine SDK’s features.
Download a free, 30-day evaluation.