SimbaEngine's JDBC SDK supports a wide variety of implementations to meet your project and system requirements. The SimbaEngine JDBC toolkit includes all the components you need to deploy your JDBC driver as a two-tier or three-tier standards-based solution.
Choose your deployment:
Non-SQL Data Source
Using your own Wire Protocol
SQL Data Source
Building an JDBC driver with SimbaEngine's JDBC SDK is quick and easy. The SimbaEngine JDBC toolkit includes comprehensive documentation, code samples and step-by-step examples, enabling you to implement your JDBC driver in as little as a few days.
Need assistance? Receive complimentary support with direct access to Simba's JDBC product engineers available to answer your questions, troubleshoot and help guide your evaluation development effort.
If you require end-to-end JDBC driver development services, we also have you covered. Simba engineers can build you a customized JDBC driver to your exact specifications. Ask us how.
The SimbaEngine JDBC toolkit provides you with a complete set of components to quickly, easily and cost-effectively implement a full-featured JDBC driver. Following the JDBC toolkit's comprehensive documentation, you can choose to add an array of pre-defined functionality to easily deploy a fully-optimzed JDBC driver ideally suited to your data connectivity requirements. SimbaEngine JDBC SDK supports the latest data standard advancements to ensure the utmost interoperability with JDBC standard-based products in the marketplace.
- Fully Java Development Environment – SimbaEngine JDBC SDK fully supports a native Java development environment. Choose to implement your JDBC driver in the environment that best suits you.
- JDBC 3.0 Support – SimbaEngine JDBC SDK supports the JDBC 3.0 specification, as well as custom metadata and attributes for greater flexibility.
- JDBC Type 3 and Type 4 Support – SimbaEngine JDBC SDK can be used to develop both pure Java Type 3 or Type 4 data drivers.
- Unicode Support – SimbaEngine JDBC SDK provides Unicode support for character sets of all international languages. This allows your customers to access their data in virtually any language, resulting in the widest interoperability. Unicode capable JDBC drivers also improve performance and remove the restrictions inherent in Unicode and ANSI mapping.
- 32- and 64-bit Support – SimbaEngine JDBC SDK natively supports both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms, including Windows, Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX and Mac OS. In addition, 32-bit and 64-bit platforms will interoperate across the client/server connection.
- Support for SQL and Non-SQL Data Stores – SimbaEngine JDBC SDK supports both SQL-enabled and non-SQL data stores. Non-SQL data stores can use Simba’s SQL Engine to provide SQL processing.
- Collaborative Query Execution – SimbaEngine JDBC SDK’s innovative Collaborative Query Execution allows your data store to execute the parts of the query for which it is designed and dynamically leave the rest of the query to be executed by Simba SQL Engine. Because Simba SQL Engine does not redundantly execute the same parts of the query as your data store, your SimbaEngine JDBC SDK data driver delivers the full performance of your data store.
- Pass-Down Processing – Table filters, joins and aggregations can be passed down to your data store for execution if your data store is optimized for those functions.
- Stored Procedures – SimbaEngine JDBC SDK supports Stored Procedures.
- Scalar Functions – Support is provided for over 60 scalar and aggregate functions.
- Maintainability & Extensibility – SimbaEngine JDBC SDK uses the object-oriented paradigm, allowing you to extend features, as well as upgrade to newer versions with ease and predictability.
- Full Localization Support – All messages from the SDK and specific to the JDBC driver can be localized.
- Data Driver Samples/Template – SimbaEngine JDBC SDK’s Quickstart Driver Template is specially designed to provide you with sample code and sample data from which you can quickly build your custom JDBC driver.
Download a free 30-day evaluation of SimbaEngine JDBC SDK – industry's choice for implementing high-performance, standard-based JDBC drivers.